The Impact of Energy Security
Time for Action
Scotland has a simple choice. Do nothing and accept another decade of economic stagnation, or get building fast.
To become energy secure by the end of the decade, Scotland will need to:
- Create new Clean Energy Zones where new renewable projects get fast-track planning permission.
- Reduce the statutory planning timetable for clean energy projects to one year.
- Lift Scotland’s effective ban on safe, reliable, low-carbon nuclear.
- Publish a new siting strategy for Small Modular Reactors to secure Scotland’s industrial future.
- Boost grid investment by reforming regulation to allow anticipatory investments necessary to unlock renewables.